Tomsk Polytechnic University
National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University founded in 1896 as Tomsk Technological Institute (TTI) of practical engineers. The Institute was opened in 1900 by the Russian Emperor Nicholas II.
In 2010/2011 the university was among the leaders in Russia to start Bachelor’s training in a number of educational programmes developed on the basis of Federal State Educational Standards of the third generation. To guarantee regulatory and methodological support during university transition to the tier system of education in compliance with the Federal State Educational Standard in 2010 the university developed “Standards and guidelines to ensure quality of basic educational programmes of Bachelor, Master and Specialists training in priority development fields (TPU BEP Standard)”.
Now TPU is the leader in R&D and has the greatest number of international contracts among all universities and institutions of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
- Institute of Natural Resources
- Institute of High Technology Physics
- Institute of Cybernetics
- Institute of Physics and Technology
- Institute of Non-Destructive Testing
- Institute of Power Engineering
- Institute of Humanities, Social Sciences and Technologies
- Institute of Strategic Partnership and Competences Development
- Institute of International Education and Language Communication
- E-learning Institute
- Yurga Institute of Technology, TPU Affiliate
- Military Training Department